Heyyyy cool dudes! You've found Besterday, Fuse's weekly pop culture nostalgia podcast that reminds you of all the oh-so-awesome jams you listened to in your friend's basement and the classic sitcoms you loved staying up past your bedtime to watch. We also dish up the latest news on upcoming movie remakes and more, since the '90s are not dying any time soon. Go back in time with associate writer Bianca Gracie and senior editor Emilee Lindner every week here on Fuse.tv, and listen and subscribe to Besterday on iTunes!
This week, we talk about:
- Diddy's Press Play LP topped the charts in 2006, his first No. 1 since 1997
- The Splat bringing back the iconic Are You Afraid of the Dark? on YouTube
- This fan-made Pokémon Sun & Moon commercial that will hit you right in the feels
- Looking back at these high school jams: Beyoncé's "Irreplaceable" and Fergie's "Fergalicious"
- An emotional trip down memory lane with the 10th anniversaries of My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade, Amy Winehouse's Back to Black and Taylor Swift's self-titled debut
And, of course, we surprise each other with our favorite throwback songs of the week. (Hint: One includes a classic '00s dance move.)
Got thoughts on the episode or what you want to hear on the show next week? Chat with Bianca and Emilee on Twitter or join the conversation using the #Besterday hashtag!
To keep the Besterday spirit alive throughout your week, stream/subscribe to this playlist of our favorite throwback songs below (we'll continue to add with each episode):
And give last week's Besterday episode a listen too, homies: