UPDATE (8/21): MTV's roster for the Aug. 27 Video Music Awards continues to grow.
- Bleachers, Khalid and Cardi B will perform during the red carpet pre-show.
- Julia Michaels and Post Malone will both perform solo.
- Logic and Khalid will team up to perform "1-800-273-8255."
- Gucci Mane will join Fifth Harmony to perform "Down."
- Previously announced: Aside from host Katy Perry and Vanguard Award recipient Pink, performers include Kendrick Lamar, Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Lorde, The Weeknd, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Shawn Mendes.
UPDATE (8/10): MTV announced yet another all-star performer for the 2017 Video Music Awards: Kendrick Lamar, who leads the nominees list with eight nods, will hit the stage on Aug. 27.
Original Story (8/7): MTV has unveiled some performers for the Video Music Awards in a series of oddly edited images posted on social media, with announcements still to come before the Aug. 27 ceremony.
Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Fifth Harmony, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Shawn Mendes and Lorde are now on the VMAs lineup. They join previously announced performer Katy Perry, who will also host the show at the Forum in Inglewood, Calif.
A few of the announced performers' heads were edited into space suits, an homage to the VMA Moonman statuette, which as of this year has been renamed "Moonperson" as part of MTV's push for gender neutrality. Some of the edits were questionably not the best, like these two:
Here's a look back at the performances from last year's VMAs: