May 24, 2017


Ariana Grande Suspends Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Attack

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation

Update (5/24): Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman Tour has been postponed through June 5 following the terrorist attack at her concert in Manchester, England on Monday. The singer's record label Republic Records issued a statement:

"Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost," the statement reads. "The London O2 shows this week have been canceled as well as all shows thru June 5 in Switzerland. We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together. Thank you."

The cancelled shows will include two shows at the O2 Arena in London (taking place on May 25-26), one at the Sportspaleis in Belgium (May 28), two concerts at Atlas Arena in Lodz, Poland (May 31-June 1), and concerts at Festhale in Frankfurt, Germany (June 3) and Hallenstadion in Zurich, Switzerland (June 5). Live Nation issued a statement that refunds "will be granted to all ticketholders at the point of purchase for [the seven] cancelled shows." 

If the tour continues on after June 5, the next show will be June 7 at Paris' AccorHotels Arena. Grande is scheduled to continue the tour across Europe before touring Latin America and Asia. Read on for more below.

Original Story (5/23): Ariana Grande has suspended her Dangerous Woman Tour after a terrorist attack took place outside her concert in Manchester, England on Monday, according to CNN.

The singer's international trek in support of her most recent album was set to tour Europe throughout mid-June with a South American leg scheduled to begin on June 29 in Brazil. It has yet to be seen if or when the dates will be made up. Us Weekly reports that Grande flew to her family home in Florida following the incident that CNN says has left her unharmed.

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack with the bomber identified as 22-year-old British man Salman Adebi.

Grande wrote that she was "broken" on Twitter, adding, "From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don't have words."